Geared towards implementing the recommendations of the ACP-EU Dialogue on Migration and Development and aimed at improving the lives of migrants, their families and their communities, the Action established, as of the end of 2017, a Non-State Actor facility providing direct support to projects/initiatives proposed by ACP based Non-State Actors (NSAs). Additionally, the sums provided where larger than earlier, when support was being granted to small-scale projects only.
The new facility opened the possibility for any Non-State Actor legally registered and operating in any ACP country to run for larger grants (up to EUR 100.000) through an unrestricted call. The NSA should have been able to legally operate in the ACP region, however it could be based elsewhere. The project proposal should have been a mid-scale project with its primary beneficiaries being migrants, their families and their communities. The implementation period of initiatives funded through this facility could have a total duration of up to 10 months.
Applicants first identified their region of operation (i.e. where the project would be taking place) and proposed a project exclusively the the topic listed below:
- West and Central Africa: remittances
- East and Horn of Africa: remittances
- Southern Africa: Trafficking in Human beings and/or migrant smuggling
- Caribbean: Trafficking in Human beings and/or migrant smuggling
This call for proposals closed on August, 9th, 2017.
- Pacific: Trafficking in Human beings and/or migrant smuggling
Click the links to find more information on each of the regions.
* At present, the Action does not accept any more requests