This roster allowed experts with relevant experience and qualifications to register and to be possibly contacted by the Action for consultancies to conduct baseline assessments on the basis of technical assistance requests by African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries.
Baseline Assessments (BA) were launched by the Action before a technical assistance intervention took place with the purpose of:
- analysing the initial state of affairs on a specific subject in one ACP country,
- providing inputs to refine the following intervention by the migration expert and
- identifying stakeholders and Non-State Actors (NSAs) active in that field.
Experts applying to the roster were registered depending on their fulfilment of the below criteria. They were contacted by the ACP-EU Migration Action Central Unit to inquire about their interest and availability for short-term assignments (up to 15 days) to develop a BA report based on standards and guidelines provided by the Action. The assignments included desktop research and, in most cases, a mission to the country of the request.
Criteria for Inclusion in the Roster of Baseline Assessment Consultants:
Professional Experience and Competencies:
1. Required: Prior professional experience in one or more of the five ACP regions (West and Central Africa, East and Horn of Africa, Southern Africa, Caribbean, Pacific) and/or specific experience in one or more of the five subjects of the ACP-EU Dialogue on Migration (remittances, visa, readmission, trafficking in human beings and smuggling of migrants);
2. Required: At least 5 years of working experience in a migration-related field, acquired in government, non-governmental sector, research, academia, consulting or related;
3. Required: Sound analytical skills, demonstrated experience in the use of quantitative and qualitative research methods and reporting, demonstrated ability to deliver quality work under tight timeframes;
4. Required: Excellent communication and report writing skills with a fluent command of one or more of the four ACP languages: English and/or French and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese.
5. Asset: working experience in the evaluation field and/or monitoring & evaluation, including the development of baseline assessments, acquired in governmental or non-governmental sector, international organizations, research, academia, consulting or other;
Qualified persons were invited to apply by filling a) Application Form and b) Experience Matrix and send them both to ACPEUActionRoster@iom.int with the text “Application for BA Consultants Roster – SURNAME, NAME” in the subject line.
If the candidates were accepted for registration in the roster, they were notified regarding their registration and registration number corresponding to their file in the roster. In no way the notification of registration in this roster was a guarantee that the person would be further contacted by IOM, nor the assignment of either a consultancy contract or any other form of employment with IOM