The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Meeting on Trafficking in Human Beings and Smuggling of Migrants took place from March 21st until March 23rd 2017 in Georgetown, Guyana.
This peer exchange had the aim of informing the Action’s stakeholders on positive initiatives on the topics of Trafficking in Human Beings (THB) and Smuggling of Migrants (SoM), to exchange on challenges, lessons learned and good practices identified through the implementation of activities of the Action, as well as to follow-up and discuss the joint ACP and EU Dialogue Recommendations and to pursue a more in-depth dialogue on THB/SoM and the challenges that remain to be addressed.
Do not forget to see the results on Flickr !
The full meeting report is available for download here
To download the conference booklet/agenda, click here
The Thematic Report "Trafficking in Human Beings and Smuggling of Migrants in ACP Countries: Key Challenges and Ways Forward" will be availble in early 2018.
To download thematic briefing documents on:
- Establishing effective legal, policy and national coordination frameworks, click here
- Data management: information sharing and awareness-raising, click here
- Investigation and prosecution in the light of cross-border cooperation, click here
- Cross-cutting issues: ensuring a victim-centered approach and addressing demand, click here
- Effective border management and tracking of illicit fiscal flows, click here